I love writing. I love taking the ideas out of my head and putting it down on the keyboard. If you can’t tell from the rest of the site, there are a lot of different stories there. However, some years ago, someone once asked me to write a story for them. It was a nice little fantasy, but I didn’t quite have the time since I was writing Dolcett Girls. They liked it so much, they offered me money to write it.
When I finished that one, another person asked, then another. After a while, I decided to formalize my writing for others, hence this page.
The base rate is 2¢ per word. This comes out to $100 for 5,000 words. I charge for the minimum word count, not an absolute one. If I love an idea and it takes another thousand or even five thousand words, then I will write it.
If you are interested, you can contact me to see if I’m open to writing a commission with your specific idea.
In general, I have given discounts for larger projects and also repeat customers.
- 5% discount for 15,000 words or more commissions but I also need more time to work on it.
- Repeat customers get a 5% discount for every 100,000 words commissioned (actually paid for). This is an important point since I frequently go over the requested word count, but the totals are based on what they asked/paid for, not what they got.
The commissioned idea can be anything. I’ve taken requests from the following:
- A eight second scene from an anime.
- A paragraph describing the plot and a list of names.
- A number of paragraphs with details including photoshopped pictures of the characters.
I don’t ask for money up front. I work on the trust system and I found that when I’m paid ahead of time, I struggle to finish things. So, payment at the end is my carrot to finish. I usually get paid via PayPal, money order, or check.
On average, it takes me one week plus one additional for every five thousand words. Once I finish, I send out a first draft and ask for any changes needed. Occasionally there are grammar errors, I’ll fix those as I see them. I send out the results as PDF file, but I’ll send out other formats as requested. I don’t use Microsoft Word but I can produce RTF files without a problem.
When the commissioner is happy with the changes, that is when I ask for money. Also, I usually ask if I can post the story on mine and other websites. As part of that, I accept any changes specifically for publication. Most of them end up being name changes since some people ask me to write stories with specific people in mind. I honor requests not to post stories also.
While I can almost write everything, there are certain areas that I find myself struggling to get into. Some of these have come from prior requests.
- Real-life people: Stories that deal with real people. I have no trouble with characters in movies, books, or comics, but stories dealing with people in magazines and television shows I struggle with. I don’t have a problem if the models are based on characters, but there is a big difference between “Actress A” and “a girl who looks exactly like Actress A”.
- Rigid plots: When I get a ten page plot that lists every event that happens, I struggle to write it. I need a lot of leeway when it comes to writing. Basic plot sketches are fine, but not scene-by-scene directions.